spring





Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello

Well,  I am starting a blog.  Way to state the obvious right?  Sometimes I feel that there is so much going on in my family and in my head that I would love a spot to write it down and share it.  I am giving all who read this fair warning though that some of my life and my thoughts may offend!  I am not trying to be offensive but as many of you know I have decided to leave the Mormon church and my life is not always in line with their teachings and principals.  I may offend those with more delicate sensibilities so READER BEWARE!  I do plan on trying to share the lighter side of being a mom and trying my best to raise my 6 kids so not all of my blogging will be so serious but I am sure some of my religious issues might appear here.  Consider yourself advised :D

alright on to what's going on in my life...

This weekend was Lanaes 5th birthday party!!!!  A bit about Lanae...  She is a VERY imaginative child (to say the least)  When she grows up she wants to be a mermaid, but not just any ole mermaid but a purple vampire princess mermaid that can change into anything.  Don't worry though she only plans on drinking "bad guys" blood.  I have yet to nail down exactly what a "bad guy" is to her yet though, it might be a person who murders, rapes, and steals or it might be someone who refused to give her exactly what she wanted as she kicked and screamed on the floor of the toy section at Walmart.  Anyway...  She wanted her own birthday where lots of people came and brought her presents.  She has sorta had it hard since her oldest sister (Lilly) has her birthday 5 days before her and I have a bad habit of trying to combine them to save on costs.  This year though Lanae demanded her own party and we gave it to her.  She had a great time.  When it came time to do presents we gathered all the kids and adults and had the best time watching her open gifts.  She was hilarious!  Each gift warranted a squeal of delight or the "ahhhhhhhh"ing of angels.  At one point she pulled out a receipt and exclaimed "OH! a receipt!" in a high, cute, and delighted fashion.  I swear it makes me want to buy her a gift everyday just to watch her open them.

Easter was weird for us this year.  It has been a few years since Ryan and I decided that The Mormon church wasn't true and it wasn't really until just recently we have decided to classify our beliefs as agnostic atheists.  (that would mean that we don't believe that there is a God but we can't prove that their isn't one either)  This makes Easter a very odd time of year.  We made it through Christmas without a hiccup concentrating on the giving and the "spirit" of Christmas of loving your fellow man and all that.  Easter is a different story though.  Sure you can concentrate on the Easter bunny side of things with egg hunts and candy baskets but it just felt hollow kind of like a cheep chocolate rabbit. Easter has really lost it's substance and for some reason every time someone would say "happy Easter" or posted something on Facebook about Jesus I bristled.  I think what was going on is I was feeling the loss of my faith.  It stung.  We also did not have our traditional Easter over at my in-laws due to some familial issues (you don't really want to know) and I was very sad and upset at that as well.  I am sincerely hoping that the family issues will get better and that we will all be able to have holidays together (I am not going to hold my breath but it could happen) because I do love my extended family.

Easter was also fun.  We got to go over to the Dickersons home and have some ham and their boys hid eggs for our kids to find.  It was nice and surprisingly quiet seeing as how there were 9 kids there.  The Dickersons have a lovely home and they and my parents and siblings make fine company.  I had a great time.

Well this concludes my first entry.  I hope you enjoy your little peek into my life :D

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your life via your new blog! Love your authenticity! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a lucky girl! I get a receipt almost everyday ;) so sorry we missed the party dylans fever turned out to be roseola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time you joined the blogging world! :) jk. Had a great time at Lanae's birthday party-i'm so glad she had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete